Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I am not dead

I have neglected this blog for the past few months for an array of reasons, but mostly because the morning sickness got the best of me, and then, well, life happened and I am stuck in the fast lane. I feel bad and appreciate the e-mails from those of you who were checking in.

I missed blogging. When I can't rant to my husband, or when my mom is too busy to talk, this was a great place for me to come. I plan on getting back into it, but OHHHH how to update on the last 3 months. I shall do my best.

We decided we are moving back to NY. We rescued an abandoned dog. Found out we are having a girl!!!!

25 Weeks

How far along? 25 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: Down 18 lbs. from pre-pregnancy. Haven't gained a lb. back. Every office visit, I hope to step on the scale and see a little jump (never thought I would say that) but no. The doctor is not concerned, so I am not concerned...too much.

Maternity clothes? I can't fit in any of my normal clothing. The doc said I have a short torso and that is the reason I began showing so early and go big so fast. I can't tell you how many times I have had to say "yes it is just one baby in there." I was lucky to have some hand me down maternity clothes from family because they are damn expensive!! Oh, I bought the cutest maternity bathing suit. Nice little tankini - can't wait for summer!

Sleep: If I "sleep" for 10 hours, it means I really slept for about 8. The constant tossing and turning combined with discomfort from my back kinda sucks. Plus it is HOTT. I have the a/c on and if I turn it down any more, Bug will have icicles hanging from his nostrils. I have a body pillow now, but because our bed is so small, it gets the heave-ho half way through the night. Plus, I am so big now that it takes EFFORT to turn over. Not a pretty sight.

Best moment this week: This past week? Hmm, spending time with both our families. We do not see them often, so this is nice. Plus, baby girls movement is getting SERIOUS! She kicks like she is trying to get out!

Symptoms: Just the most sever back pain ever. Other than that - fabulous.

Movement: When I first felt it back in week 14, it was these soft little flutters. When Bug and I could begin to feel it from the outside at week 20, same thing, sweet little kicks and flutters. In the past 2 weeks, she has gotten so strong. Not only can I feel her kicks and punches, but I can feel her rolling across my stomach.


Belly Button: It is still really deep. I have always had a cave, so it is still deep but beginning to shallow slightly. I no longer have a regular belly button ring in, but one of those preggie rings. It is pretty cool and the tightness is gone.

Attitude: Friday is our "Big Ultrasound". Why my doctor waits this long when everyone else does theirs at 20 weeks is beyond me. Bug and I are both PUMPED but nervous. I think that sums up the whole pregnancy - pumped but nervous.

Food cravings: Everything. I eat everything in sight, that is why I do not understand how I am not gaining weight. Most recent cravings are coffee coolatas and sandwiches from my college cafe.

Food aversions:
There are times when I am in no mood for veggies or meat. Other than that, I will take anything, anytime.

Gender: Feeeeemale

Labor Signs: Started feeling braxton hicks recently

What I miss: Being able to move around with ease

What I am looking forward to: Seeing Munckie on the sonogram tomorrow. Have not seen her since 15 weeks.

Weekly Wisdom: No matter how bad or rough you think it is, it really just gets worse as the time goes on, so embrace it!

Milestones: Just passed V-day. Viability day (24 weeks) is the earliest a baby can survive outside of its mother. God forbid there was an incident, I know she could try her best to survive. However, I am keeping her in there under lock and key till at least mid-August!

No comments:

Post a Comment