Friday, December 18, 2009

No Bueno

My doctor told me that I could continue my exercise routine of 4 days a week; 2 at Zumba and 2 at cardio kickboxing. Her only remark was to keep my blood pressure below 140. A lot of people say this is outdated data, but her reasoning makes perfect sense to me. She says a baby's heart rate is already very fast. As my heart rate increases, so does the baby's. If mine gets too high, it could be detrimental - makes sense to me.

Last night was my first class in over a week. Also the first one after my BFP. During the warm up I was A-OK. When we got to cardio, I was concerned, but still felt good so I kept going. When it came time to hit the bags, I began to get cramps. I slowed down, backed off and just marched in place for a while, trying to calm down. It was more of a discomfort than anything else - I am sure it was my bodies way of saying "WTF - I am working for two hearts now so chill out."

For the rest of the night, I had similar cramping. Whenever I coughed, I would get a nasty pain in the center of my ute. Not very pleasant. I was really concerned and vowed to speak to the doctor today.

I woke up with no pain or discomfort. Even the pain I had when I coughed had now gone away. I spoke to the doctor anyway and she reiterated what she originally said. She told me if I was cramping, I was pushing too hard.

Monday is my next class. I am going to try to take it even easier. If I have any sign of cramping or discomfort, it will be the end of cardio classes and on to yoga for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment