Tuesday, December 29, 2009


Aren't I terrible, I have not written in this blog in almost a week. Bad, bad blogger. Anyways.. It was quite an eventful week, hence why I could not get to a computer. Here is a rundown of my life over the past week.

Wednesday - We hopped in the truck to start the long trek to NY. The 9 1/2 hour trip took us just under 12 hours. Why? Because some disgruntled citizen of Whythville, NC decided to strap a bomb to himself and threaten a post office. Traffic was being diverted everywhere and we sat in traffic for hours. What could have happened in this man's life to make him do something like this the day before Christmas Eve?

After the 8th or 9th hour I began to get so uncomfortable. You would have thought I was 5 months pregnant instead of 5 weeks. Back pain, tremendous cramps and the round ligament pain kicked in full force. I was beginning to think something was wrong with Munckie because of how crampy and horrible I felt. Bottom line - Munckie is still good.

We put a shirt on Colby that said Big Brother. It took them over ten minutes to see it and understand it.

Thursday - Christmas Eve was nice. I spent all day cooking, baking & eating with my MIL. Unfortunately I was on my feet all day which gave me some seriously swollen ankles, but more on that later. Bug waited until his entire extended family arrived at the house and then jumped on the couch to make an announcement. (Totally unlike him if you have ever met him. He was just so excited) He clanged a spoon against his glass and told everyone that we are going to have a baby. There were lots of "ooh's" and "aahh's" and then two seconds later it hit his Grama and there was a loud "WOW". It was really cute.

Friday - We woke up bright and early (six am) to give Colby his gifts and exchange with each other. Bug gave me an "Our First Baby" Christmas ornament, Belly Laughs by Jennie McCarthy, candy, a few things for the baby, chocolate and one more surprise gift to come. He loved his gifts as well. Around 7:30, we opened gifts with MIL & FIL and had breakfast. When we were done we drove to NJ to be with my family. After breakfast, we exchanged gifts. Man are we spoiled. After all Christmas gifts had been opened, my mom gave me a bag of maternity clothes, B-Band, "What to expect", and lotions for the belly. It was really nice and yes, already wearing the B-Band.

The rest of Christmas was spent with my extended family. Everyone started referring to me as "Mom", which I kinda loved. The ankles were huge again. Not sure if I am eating too much salt or just on my feet too much. Who knows.

Saturday - My mother, sister and I went to the movies to see "The Blind Side". It was a very inspirational movie. Brought a few tears to my eyes. Later that evening, we all went out to dinner at one of our favorite local Bar/Restaurants. It was great and nice to just kick back after all of the Holiday Hullabaloo.

Sunday and Monday were spent driving home and relaxing. The drive home was not as bad as the drive up and I was even able to get comfortable. Bug needed a day of rest after all of the driving so it was very convenient that he had Monday off.

Overall it was a great "First Married" Christmas and very nice to see both sides of the family to share our news.

No comments:

Post a Comment