Monday, November 23, 2009

Thankful for..

After the weekend we just had, I am happy to say that I am sooo happy that our families get along as well as they do.

I never had a great example of in-laws getting along. As a matter of fact, I had the exact opposite. My mom had an asshat of a brother-in-law (my Dad's brother) and he treats her like crap. My Dad's mom recently told my Dad, in front of my mother, that she always wished she had a daughter. My mom was so hurt by this that it almost made her cry. My mom has been a part of that family for about 35 years. These are just minute examples.

For bug, it was the exact opposite. His Dad's parents and his Mom's parents are great together. They go to each other's family parties and are so chummy when they are all together. They even joke about who arrives first vs. who is late. I love it and I am glad to say that our parents are much closer to option B than option A.

Dinner was at my Mother-in-law's. She is a great cook, so everyone was looking forward to it. My Mom, Dad & sister arrived and it was hugs and kisses all around. It is SO nice to see! Everyone jokes with each other and teases one another. I can't express how happy it made Bug and I to see this.

The only thing that miffed me was that Bug's parents sat at another table in another room with Bug's stepbrother, rather than sitting with my family for dinner. That really got under my skin, as they see them on a semi-daily basis. I did my best to let it go.

Overall, it was a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment